Every new year, we make it a priority to treat the impending 365 days better than those that came before with lessons learned and resolutions set for a bigger, brighter future. From learning something new every day to leading an outdoor awakening for your garden or lawn, set your sights on sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying the ride of life.
1. Make every day count in 2022 by spending your days learning something new. Say “Hola” to Spanish lessons. How about picking up Tamborine for the weekends? Learning something new enriches your life and broadens your horizons.
2. Lean budgeting is sure to be 2022’s fiscal talking point. Be savvy with your money in 2022 by instituting a penny saved is a penny earned policy for your pocket book.
3. Bedtime means no screen time in 2022. Did you know that blue light emitted from your smartphone can pollute your sleep habits? Ditch the phone at lights out for a happy, healthier sleep schedule in 2022.
4. Early to bed and early to rise. Shine bright like a morning diamond in 2022 by setting a schedule and sticking to it. Imbuing your day with a strong morning routine prepares you for whatever may arise.
5. Making time for what’s important is one of the most vital resolutions you can set for your family in 2022. With life frequently keeping us on our toes, it’s crucial for you and your loved ones to block out time for each other in 2022.
6. You are what you eat. Optimize your body’s potential with portion control and a balanced diet in 2022.
7. Have you given meatless Monday a try? Eliminating meat from your diet for just one day a week can greatly improve your gastrointestinal health in 2022.
8. With great diet comes great exercise. Find an exercise regime that works for you. Whether you’re walking your block or swimming a couple laps, there’s no reason you can’t get up and go in 2022.
9. What’s diet and exercise if you’re not properly hydrated? Balance coffee and cocktails with a commitment to drinking more water in 2022. Water is a foundation of wellness.
10. Be resolute and complimentary in 2022. Paying just one compliment to someone else can go a long way in brightening their day.
11. Do it yourself in 2022 by taking on small, DIY projects for every month of the year. A new year is a new opportunity for greatness, are you up for the challenge?
12. Eliminate the age old question of “paper or plastic” by embracing reusable bags in 2022. Set a small goal for yourself to always remember your reusable bags when you grocery shop.
13. It’s bad luck to do laundry on New Year’s Day but what’s your excuse for the other 364 days? It happens to the best of us. Set a resolution to stay ahead of your washing, drying, and folding in 2022.
14. Like laundry, housework can also tend to build up. Making tidiness a priority is a great way to keep a clean and clutter free home in 2022. You can even commit to a cleaning schedule to break up the work.
15. Staying ahead of the curve means staying proactive in your own health and wellness. If you haven’t already made a point to do so, the start of a new year is a great time to book doctors and dentist appointments for the year.
16. When you go shopping, prepare a list of everything you need and stick to it. In doing this, you avoid taking up unnecessary shelf space in your pantry with duplicate purchases.
17. Curb energy consumption in 2022 by implementing green initiatives for your home. From smart bulbs to eco efficient water features, you can do your part to save the planet in the new year.
18. Clear out the clutter in your backyard by eliminating any and all points that disrupt the zen of your outdoor living area. Smart lawnscaping hacks go a long way in trimming trees, pruning hedges, and gardening for a backyard that will make your neighbors green with lawn envy.
19. Don’t forget to laugh! Sweating the small stuff can lead to big aggravation. Make it a point to laugh more and worry less in the new year.
20. Indulge in moderation. Life is too short not to enjoy the things that make you happy. The key? Moderation. Treating yourself to a spa experience or indulging in a frappe every now and then can only make you happier and healthier in 2022.
21. Take time for yourself. Taking time for yourself through meditation connects your mind with your body and can make you a more balanced version of yourself.
22. Inspire others by giving back. Your resolutions are only as good as the follow through. Take extra time you may have in 2022 and give back in your local community by participating in efforts that benefit everyone from your next door neighbor to someone you’ve never even met.